Thursday, August 12, 2010

Exploring Elluminate

Just had some fun setting up and browsing around Elluminate. Tried to get on to the last broadcast but was at work and the fire wall wouldn;t let me in. I work for a very large (and I mean LARGE) area health service (@800 klms by 400 klms) and we say we work in a virtual world. I have to travel 8 hours to our farthest facility. We have some antiquated software called Pathlore which has a very uninteresting collaborative site, that only allows you to enter through the area network. Great when you want to do some catchup in our time off when we have the time and the space to think creatively. Yes it is 11.14pm, I have just worked all day form 7am to 5.30pm, then went off to my Cert IV counselling course, arrived home at 10pm and spend some downtime exploring the virtual world. I think better when I am winding down. Interesting to think what could happen to our workplaces and workspaces should we be allowed to share our creativity, inspirations and knowledge. What a great places it would be if we had freedom and choice. Worth thinking about ?????
Thought: Imagine what would happen if I could now Twitter my Twitter work colleagues with an update of my Blogg from my IPhone??? Endless possibilities.
Look forward to meeting on Elluminate on Saturday morning.

2 comments:

  1. What do you see as the barriers to ding the things you have described in your work context? Hoe can you 'facilitate' change?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan
    Welcome to the group - I'm a sporadic participant. Like everyone else my life gets in the way sometimes (and my forgetfulness, when I realise the Eluminate 'meeting' happened yesterday). Good luck!

    Margot

    ReplyDelete